Troubleshoot and perform electrical repairs to ensure production lines run smoothly. Complete projects and other assigned duties under direction of Electrician Supervisor. Ensure the safe and productive performance of assigned duties and responsibilities to support the manufacturing of a quality product and meet the goals of the corporation.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Job Classification: Hourly, full-time, non-exempt.
Reports To: Facility Planning Manager & indirectly to Master Electrician
Perform troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, and repairs daily under the direction of the Electrician Supervisor.
Install and repair office and production equipment. Perform special projects as assigned.
Test and examine electrical devices for defects, excessive wear and proper performance.
Complete all related paperwork. Maintain logs and records.
Adheres to and uses safe work practices, following safety rules and regulations. Reports unsafe conditions or work practices to supervisor.
Maintain neat/clean/safe work area. Routinely clean equipment and tooling used in process (housekeeping).
Responsible for quality and expediency of work.
Available for off shift calls and/or call-ins.
Other responsibilities/duties as required or requested
Communicates regularly with others within limited areas of the organization for purpose of giving and receiving information closely related to work in progress.
Decision-making occurs on a limited basis and is based on clearly defined policies and procedures, established practices and explicit directions. Reviewed by by Plant Superintendent/Manager and/or Master Electrician.
Heat and noise levels can vary depending on work location. Office and factory environments. Chemicals and/or dyes stored in facility.
Training/Education: High School/GED/4 year diploma. Electrician/Electronic Technician education.
- 3 years experience as Electrician in industrial/manufacturing environment highly preferred. PLC experience required.
- Certifications/Licenses: Journeyman's or Master Electrician's License
Other requirements: Good communication skills. Ability to understand use and create written and mathematical materials related to the job.
Maintenance equipment, supplies and related tools. Safety and personal protective equipment. Personal hand tools, calculator, forklift, computer, printers, PLC software, common office equipment.
- Perform repairs and other duties requiring physical agility, eye/hand, hand/foot and ear coordination, contortion and manipulation of arms and legs, hand/arm steadiness, weight balance, climbing up and getting under or into equipment and facility: frequency varies.
- Lift various tools and parts: arm/upper body effort, 10-100 lbs. varying lengths of time.
- Use of hand truck and hand jack: walking position, arm manipulation, some leg effort.
- Operate electric truck: keen vision, walking position, finger/arm manipulation.
- Usually in standing and walking position.
- Complete paperwork: manual dexterity, fine motor skills, keen vision: ongoing during day.
- Frequent travel between plant locations.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.