Nonwoven and Felt Products
New Technical Brochure
Call or email your National Nonwovens representative to receive your copy.
View and print Product Overview.
National Nonwovens is a world leader in engineering nonwoven products for its customers from super-absorbent materials for medical needs to composite structural cores on aircraft. As a leader in innovative technology, we will meet your diverse application challenges with superior fiber-processing capabilities.
- Technical Nonwovens
- WoolFelt and Felt Fabrics
Manufacturing & Technical Capabilities
Processing - Take advantage of the Industry’s most advanced and successful nonwoven:
- Web Forming - air laid and carded crossed laid
- Construction - chemical bond, felted wool, needlepunch, thermos-bond and composite
Finishing and Post Processing - offering a full range of finishing options and in-house post-processing enhancements:
- Chemical Enhancement – top-coat, saturate, wash and dye
- Mechanical Enhancement - press, calendar, glaze, singe and laminate
- Customized Processing - slitting, special kit assembly, die-cut shapes, tow and special packaging
Research and Development - Scaled equipment replicating production equipment and stringent quality control ensures successful product launches. We also offer engineered designed fabric support for those applications in the Ballistic Protection and Containment product category.
- FAR25-853-A&B (vertical burn)
- FAR25-856-A (radiant panel compliant)
- Forced loading capability (drop tower)
- B&K Impedance Tube Acoustical Analysis
- Thermal Conductivity
Quality Control. Our controlled environment conditioning room ensures optimum quality.
Material Evaluation. We have a controlled environment conditioning room to ensure optimum quality. We have laboratory equipment to evaluate:
View and print Capabilities Overview.
- Tensile Strength
- Tear Strength
- Thermal Stability
- Wash & Dry Clean Resistance
- Mullen Burst
- Flame Resistance
- Gurley Stiffness Tester
- Chemical Composition
- Color Matching
- Fiber Identification