R + D
Advanced solutions for complex problems
Bring National Nonwovens your complex design challenges. Our R&D team can create a solution for every engineering design challenge and diagnose and eliminate problems at any stage of the product development cycle.
Our engineering design team supplies performance information based on hard data from well-defined tests, proving ideas with small-scale prototypes prior to moving to full-scale production. We can provide assistance in matching the best nonwoven product to a specific need, and help to determine those additional properties that will enhance the performance, ease of manufacture, and value of their end product.
Scaled equipment replicating production equipment and stringent quality control ensure successful product launches. Recent laboratory renovations have increased capacity to evaluate thermal, flammability, acoustical, and chemical properties, allowing the R&D Team to tailor product designs to better fit customers’ requirements.
Some of National Nonwovens specialized testing and enhanced features include:
- Advanced Flammability Testing
- Radiant Panel Flammability Apparatus – Testing per FAR 25-856(a) on thermal acoustic insulation materials for aerospace applications and variations of other types of materials.
- High Temperature Inert Gas Oven – Allows materials to be heated in different atmospheres.
- Drop Tower for Impact Testing – Gravity accelerates projectiles as it drops onto a target material
- Copper Corrosion Testing – Unique testing series developed by National Nonwovens
Technical expertise, advanced laboratory equipment, and a passion for solving diverse application challenges is our formula for success.